Hemera Known Gear Issue
This guide will help you troubleshoot the specific problem of gear cracking found in a very small percentage of Hemera units. For general Hemera troubleshooting try here https://e3d-online.dozuki.com/Wiki/Hemera_Troubleshooting
The first thing to check is if you are actually affected by this issue.
If your Hemera is printing fine, then you do not need to worry! If for whatever reason it stops working in the future we are always here to help you. Feel free to get in touch at any time.
If you have not used your Hemera yet, you can check the gears. It’s super simple to check, please see our video linked below. If your gear is cracked - see below for instructions on next steps.
If you are having problems printing with Hemera, we suggest that you get in touch with us explaining the symptoms before breaking down your unit. Whilst there are a few posts about this issue online, it is not as widespread as it may appear with the issue affecting a small (<3% in our latest, most problematic batch) percentage of users. If you would like to check this as a first step then feel free to do so. The instructions are below.
- Checking the gears is simple. See the video below for instructions.
Letting E3D know I have a problem
- Whether you purchased from a reseller or directly from us, E3D will organise the replacement to be shipped.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Hemera Gear Problem”
Make sure to include your:
- Order ID
- Telephone number (if not included on your order)
- Where you purchased your Hemera from
- A photo of the issue showing both ends of the shaft (we need to see if the bearings are on the shaft, or inside the housing).
For general troubleshooting, go here instead: Hemera Troubleshooting